Friday, January 30, 2009

I spent a boatload of money today, sigh...

Well, more than I'm used to spending lately, anyways.


It all started with paying the bills, you gotta do that at least once a month, right? We like lights and telephones and all, you know.

So then the next thing was scheduling the Minuscule Pupster, aka Minnie for surgery. Shhhhh, we don't want her to hear. You know? THAT surgery, uh huh, the one that ensures no other minuscule dogs will be entering our lives. Cause, while she's cute (picture evidence provided)
See? She's adorable, we don't want anymore. We've got the "Big Dogs" also, and three is definitely enough. She hit the nine month mark and promptly "became a grown up" so to speak, :( So any way, I'm scheduling that surgery, ASAP. Technically I haven't spent that money yet, but it's "spent" :P

Then, I gather the troops and we head off to the pet store to purchase her new collar. I'm sure she'll be thrilled once we strap that baby on her. See, we have an invisible fence. It works great for the big dogs, but we have yet to train Minnie to it because she was too young. But now, bwaaahaaahaaa, zap zappity zap. Okay, not really. We'll humanely train her by putting the nifty white flags up and walking her and letting her know where her boundaries are. Then eventually removing the flags in an appropriate pattern until she has learned the boundaries of "her yard". It will be nice not to have to chase her across the street anymore. So there was nice pretty penny or 7000 or so. :( Still cheaper than a real fence.

So then it's off to shop for shoes for the older daughter. Let's just say, that was fun, NOT! And a hair cut for Jacob. He seriously needed that. Then off to Costco. Let's just say I very nearly quit breathing at the check out. Oh, my. Not that we didn't need it, but we've been living on bare bones for so long, sigh, that amount was a real shocker. Then I headed off to Albertson's to grab a few things that were amazing deals, like the ribs that were buy 1 get 2 free. I'm sure that they were marked up some, but still a great deal. Now my freezers and fridges are full for the first time in a very long time. So, I spent a boatload of money today and I'm good with that.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Great post. That is a lot of money! I'm glad that you are good with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she is cute. I look forward to plenty of pictures of her over the years.

    Remember my big boxer? He passed almost a year ago and we have the 2 runts now. ha ha. Cute, but they're not Jackson who I still miss.

    Robin of FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching all that money slide through your fingers just about takes your breath away, doesn't it? Still, if we belong to Him, it's all His anyway, and we're just the conduit through which the resources He entrusts to us flow.

    Sometimes I wish He'd dial the knob back a bit, though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know...you may have just convinced me that we should get one of those to corral Lando when he's in the front yard.

    That dog can run 30mph!!

    ReplyDelete