Monday, January 12, 2009

Blessing my husband, because I was blessed!

Today I had to go to the doctor. UGH! Diagnosis: Double Ear Infection. Isn't that lovely? Wouldn't you like one, er, two??

So I decided to treat myself to a great big, humongous cup of Starbucks Pike with Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce syrup. YUM. Please note that I said "Sugar Free" That's because I'm on a weight loss program and I've lost 60lbs, thankyouverymuch.

Sooooo, anyways, as I'm waiting for my order to be filled, the gentleman next to me (obviously a regular customer) asks "So, what are those cupcakes for?" Apparently he could see some cupcakes on the counter behind the baristas and they said that they were new cupcake flavors that they were tasting before they began selling them. Chocolate and red velvet cupcakes, mmmmm. Well, this very charming gentleman managed to finagle a taste for himself, quite charmingly. All the while, I was chuckling(I mentioned he was charming, right?) I went over to the condiment table to add a little sweetener and half-n-half and I hear over my shoulder "pst, come back over, I'm working a deal for you." LOL He convinced them to give me a sample taste, as well.

Now, remember that I mentioned the "Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce" and the whole 60 lbs thing. I didn't want to appear ungrateful or rude, that whole "Southern in-breeding" and all. So what do I do??? I thought, Hey, I'll just take it home to the dc. But there are THREE of them and only 2 half pieces of cupcakes. Sigh...Oh, hey, wonder where Miguel is right now? So, I called him. Turns out he was less than 5 minutes away at the hospital w/a "client" (I'll have to explain more about dh's job in another post). So, I asked him if he'd like some cupcakes and, well, I'm the only strangoid who'd turn down cupcakes, you know. So I took him some yummy FREE cupcakes and got to steal a moment alone :-) He was so thrilled, he bragged on me to his partner, lol. I've apparently gotten quite the reputation as a "dream wife", too bad I'm not as quite as good as my reputation, sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment