Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Day in Paradise

Actually, it was a good day.

We did not do any "real" school, but we did learn some things. I think the very best part of the day was listening to my 13yo son giving his sisters a music lesson today. A few years ago, my husband began teaching my ds a little bit about guitar. My son, Jacob, then became obsessed with learning as much as he could on his own. He studied and practiced and now has a pretty good basic understanding. Perhaps he'll go further and choose more advanced learning. We'll let him make that decision. But, even if he doesn't, he'll be able to impress the girls ;)

We did get the living room cleaned up, well, everything except my new desk. It's amazing how fast things can pile up. Crazy even. Speaking of my "new" desk, here it is:


Cool, eh? Dual monitors! I'm so geeky, lol. Here are some more photos of all the moving around I posted about earlier this week.



This is my old computer desk with the computer the girls use. Looks pretty good there.

This is what my son got out of all the moving around of furniture and computers. It's a hutch from an old computer desk that fell apart during one of the many furniture moving adventures (my dh NEEDS to move furniture at least every 6 months or so). I think it looks pretty good up there and gives him some much needed shelf space.

And the reason for all this switching and moving:
Our new network server/media center connected to the big TV in the living room. It has multiple internal drives and an external hard drive. He has some other internal drives that he wants to convert to externals, something about IDE something or another. I'm really not that geeky, y'all. :D But I do love my dual monitors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment