Friday, January 18, 2008

What I did today...

FTR, I will not post "before" pics. I'm so embarrassed at the state of our back room, sigh...It really is horrible. So today I began...the art cabinet was the first to be attacked. We had moved it recently and taken all of the STUFF normally stored in there and put it a rubbermaid bin. So it needed to be sorted and organized and replaced in the cabinet. Here are the results after culling out a number of old, yucky things that we no longer needed/could use. I love throwing stuff away Wakka Wakka



See the blue bin and all the crayons... here's a closer look:


Aren't all those crayons lovely? The bin now only carries whole, good quality crayons. No more minuscule pieces. No more "Denny's" crayons brought home from Kids Eat Free night. No more "Quick, buy the kids something to keep them busy at the dollar store" crayons. Trampoline I love crayons, the smell of new crayons brings joy to my heart. This bin, before, not so much. The thoughts of dismay that went thru my mind each time one of my dd's would drag the crayon bin out would overtake any other thoughts occupying my mind. How would they ever find the color they were looking forward? Where exactly would I find all the rejected broken pieces of crayon afterwards? So, I took on the Crayon Bin and what you see above is the beautiful results. I'm So Proud


And the leftovers? Here they are:



What should I do with these? I'm sure there is some crafty mom at there who can tell me what to do with them. Please do share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment