Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A lost treasure found.

A while back The Gremlin Wrangler posted about going thru some of her childhood things stored away in her shed. It brought memories of two of my favorite doll from childhood. Adoption dolls. Remember those? I had two. One was all the way from Xavier Roberts in Atlanta, birth certificate and all and the other was made by my mom's boss' mom, did you follow that? LOL! Well, thru the years, and there have been many, I had misplaced those dolls and Carrie's posts brought back thoughts of where they might be. Well, not to be all spiritual or anything, but God loves to delight in His children and not even 2 weeks later I get a call from my cousin, Cari, who now lives in my grandparents house. I had lived there from the age of 15 until I was married, with a few semesters here and there away at college. She was trying to clean out the garage and came across a box of stuffed animals. She saw a doll on top and knew it must be mine. I am now reunited with my beloved Amber Lynn and Shannon Marie.

Here are Amber Lynn(dark blonde/green eyes, adopted from Babyland) and Shannon Marie (Light blonde/blue eyes, Handmade with love by Mrs. Zaire)



Aren't they beautiful? Did anyone else have one of these, back before Cabbage Patch Kids were all the rage and mass produced? I think we'll have to get them some new clothes. And, another blessing, one for each girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment