Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I've become the "mom" of a teenager. And I didn't even have to birth this one!

My cousin, Ian, has moved in with my dh and I. He is 16, 17 in March. He's a good kid, but he is really struggling with some behavioral issues that his mom in unable to address appropriately. He has been diagnosed with ADHD and they have never actually found a medicine combination that works for him well. He is so far behind in school and while I'd love to homeschool him, I cannot make any of those decisions for him. His mom is refusing to sign temporary guardianship papers over to us. This is very frustrating. But he has seen his counselor and hopefully the counselor will be able to help them get this taken care of. From what he said to Ian at the session last night, he definitely thinks we are doing the right thing. I am praying that we can help him become a young man who is self-sufficient and capable of making wise decisions for himself.


So, that's the drama in my life. I sooo dislike drama, unless it is on stage or screen, lol.

I'll post some other awesome news in a separate blog entry because it deserves it's very own entry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment