Sunday, March 8, 2009

So, is it bad that your 10year old can recognize "White Wedding" in the first few notes?

I'm thinking it may not go over so well in our homeschool group, sigh...


Yes, we have Rock Band 2 and we play it, well, way too often, apparently. LOL.

My 13year old son just mentioned he wasn't born to play 80's metal. Well, no, DUH! You weren't born until 1995. He figures he's was born to play Eric Clapton, "slow hand". HA! That kid!

Actually, he's doing quite well teaching himself guitar. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post some of his recordings. He's been searching out guitar tabs online or in some of our books and teaching himself. It's fun and interesting. Or not, but I can pretend, right? And it will last until Football tryouts and practices start, and then he'll obsess over football. LOL. Then he'll be showing me a bazillion and one plays that he's drawn up and tell me all the reasons that it will work and I'll be all like, "yeah, great Jake." As it all goes WAY over my head.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I can so relate. My son gets so frustrated with me when I glaze over as he recounts the dramatic events on the planet whatchmacallit and the complexities of battle among the snarfdoogle's.........blahblahblah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying not to obsess as much... Emphasis on "trying".

    ReplyDelete